The members of Johnson Memorial UMC are involved in multiple outreach ministries in our church and community. Below is a glimpse into some of these ministries:
- Pack for the Future – sending backpacks of food to a local elementary school to feed children during the weekend. These children’s only only source of food is school breakfast and lunch.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry – creating prayer shawls for those who need to experience the presence of Christ, including members and friends of JM as well as those at Hospice of Huntington.
- Lily’s Place, a residential infant recovery center.
- Support of Ebenezer Community Outreach, a mission project of the United Methodist Church that provides children with a safe and nurturing learning environment.
- Support of the Cridlin Food and Clothing Pantry, an project Christian Associates — a group of 12 area churches. JM Volunteers work at the Pantry and church members support the ministry through donations of food and clothing. Members can drop their donations off at JM or at Trinity Episcopal Church, where the pantry is located.
- Harvest Altar – Members bring donations of food to be taken to the Pantry Mission during Thanksgiving.
- Jim Ray Fund for Others – This fund is used to help those who have needs that cannot be met by information and referral to any of the other agencies in the city who provide help for people, and for people who are directly related to Johnson Memorial UMC. Obviously, there is a real need in this area to assist people who are falling through the cracks of other agencies. If you can assist us in this ministry by donating to the Jim Ray Fund, it would be appreciated.